The Apco Mossberg Company, Inc. Site (the "Site") was purchased in 1916 by the Frank Mossberg Company, which manufactured tools, automobile starters, and spring kits. Apco Mossberg Company, Inc. assumed ownership of the property in 1937. Fifty years later, in 1987, the manufacturing building was destroyed by a fire.
For additional information, visit the
EPA is undertaking a removal action at the Site to address metal contamination present in surface soils and debris piles on and around the former manufacturing building foundation. The removal action is also addressing polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) contamination in capacitors and surface soils and the presence of compressed gas cylinders.